If you are planning to relocate in Austin and confused to decide where to live, which is the best affordable place for you or which is the cheapest place for you then don’t be my dear friend. We are here to enlighten your way. This article compiles top best places to live near Austin, Texas.
- Liberty Hill- Liberty Hill can be considered as one of the most affordable place to live near Austin. You only need to spend 19.8 percent of your total income on rent and with $ 65,189 median home value you can spent your life smoothly on this suburb of Austin. Here you will get many affordable recreation center and local restaurants.
- Hutto-Those who look for single family homes find Hutto as one of the most affordable Austin suburbs. You can enjoy your life at your limited budget in this suburb. Affordability ratio for this place is 1.9 and median home value for this suburb is $72,044.
- Thorndale-With lots of ranch style houses, Thorndale is one of the most affordable suburbs near Austin. Here you will get numerous low budget restaurants, free amusement place etc. Median home value for this suburb is $70,500 and affordability ratio is 1.7.
- Florence- Those who are looking for very cheap but wide open spaces to live can think for Florence. Make yourself busy and happy at your limited budget by visiting local restaurants, Eula Hunt Beck Florence Public Library etc. The median home value for this place is $ 85000 and 21.4 percent of your income needs to spend as rent.
- Bartlett-Another most affordable suburb to live is Bartlett. Here you will get many low budget single family homes. Cost of living for this suburb is 75, compared to the Austin average of 104 and $ 82,300 is the median home value.
- Luling- If you are looking for ranch style homes or two story homes with huge private lots then Luling is the right place for your purpose. There are many affordable Cafes, restaurants, Bars and local city markets. The median home value for this Austin suburb is $79,000 and cost of living is 84, compared to the Austin average of 104.
- Kyle- Kyle has as low number of population as 30,000 people and is most affordable place to live in for those who want either modern town houses or single family homes. The median home value for this place is $ 75,262.
- Elgin- In Elgin you will get huge number of single family homes at very affordable cost. Enjoy your life here with little bit tolerable amusement expenses. The cost of living for this place is 90 with comparison to 104 of Austin average and 2.3 is the affordability ratio.
- Taylor- Another affordable place near Austin is the Taylor suburb. The cost of living for this place is 90 with compare to the Austin average of 104 and median home value is $ 1,06,100.
- Smithville- With cost of living of 90 in comparison to the Austin average of 104, Smithville is yet another affordable place near Austin to live in. The median home value for this place is $ 1,07,300. Smithville recreation center and Smithville public library are the places for amusement over here.
So choose the best affordable and reliable place for you out of the list mentioned above as per your budget and suitability.
Austin with its steep terrain, Colorado River, creeks and parks is one of the most exciting places to settle in America and there are a good many reasons for this. Amazing landscapes, world-renowned scene for live music, esteemed restaurant culture, well kept green lawns, strong economy, pleasant climatea good education system and a funky environment in the city all draw many new residents to Austin. If you are planning to relocate to this beautiful city Austin has some great neighborhoods to offer where you can settle and make your home in peace.
- Bastrop: Those interested in country living with the benefits of a city life can make Bastrop their home. Living in Bastrop is perfect for those who enjoy outdoors activities like fishing, kayaking and other water sports. The natural beauty of pine trees, four golf courses, Bastrop State Park and the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa all make Bastrop a very attractive proposition.
- Bee Cave: Bee Cave situated around 12 miles to the west of Austin is popular due to its scenic beauty and easy access to Austin. There is an intriguing mix of old and new homes with two school districts that have an excellent reputation as far as academics and sports are concerned. The Hill County Galleria in the area adds to the appeal of Bee Cave.
- Driftwood: is located between rolling hills and fantastic views in one of the most beautiful part of Texas, where peace and greenery abide yet be close to what Austin has to offer. The famous restaurant ‘The Salt Lick’ and Driftwood Estate Winery is found here. Other attractions are a club house with sauna, tennis courts and swimming pools.
- Buda:Enjoy a small town environment in Buda which is quite appealing. The County Fair, Buda Fine Arts Festival and Wiener Dog Races are annual events held in Buda that give a traditional sense of community in the area.
- Cedar Park: has in recent times become a much sought after place to live. Though once a sleepy town it has all the merits of being located near city living while enjoying a small town living. With two independent school districts and a satellite campus of Texas State University, Twin Creeks, country club and golf course Cedar Park is quite popular with prospective residents who are looking for the right place.
- Dripping Springs: is just 25 minutes from downtown Austin and is popularly known as “The Gateway to Hill County”. Dripping Springs is a close knit community that has preserved the country values and lifestyle. This area appeals to families due to the best rated school district found here with elementary schools growing at a fast rate.
- Lakeway: is about 30 minutes from downtown Austin. This place is a golfer’s paradise as it is home to four gorgeous golf courses. Some homes in Lakeway offer spectacular views of Lake Travis where boating and sailing are in abundance
Besides these there are other good places to live in Austin like Liberty Hill, Lago Vista, Marble Falls, Manor, San Marcos, Taylor and many others.
Austin located in the heart of Texas is a perfect holiday destination for people who love the outdoors and for music lovers. Austin has over the years undergone a cultural awakening to become one of the perfect hubs for music, food, film and festivals. Austin is renowned for some of the best hotels in Texas.
- JW Marrlott Austin: is located in downtown Austin in 120,000 sq feet of space bringing countless amenities and luxury for its guests. Apart from a 24 hour service, LED and smart TVs and high speed internet it has three dining options, an Italian style restaurant ‘Osterla Pronto’, a Burger Bar and ‘Corner’ an authentic Austin eatery. The best attraction of JW Marrott is its location and easy access to the Capitol and the famous 6th
- Westin Austin Downtown: This plush downtown hotel provides an unparalleled luxury in Austin being very close to live music venues, historic sites and popular food joints. The guests can enjoy flat screen TVs, wi-fi, floor-to-ceiling windows giving great city views. The hotel can boast of having the highest rooftop bar and a heated rooftop pool along with a fitness center and business center.
- Hotel Van Zandt:Located in Rainey Street Historical District, Hotel Van Zandt is in reality a true charmer with rich elegance infused with Texas culture, having 319 rooms and 41 suites in 12,000 sq feet of space. One can enjoy Texas hospitality at its best with a blend of Klmpton in Hotel Van Zandt.
- Hotel Granduca Austin: Hotel Granduca located on a hill overlooking the Wild Basin Nature Preserve is based on the vision of Italian sophistication with a strong emphasis on Italian flavors as far as its design and food are concerned. Amenities in the hotel include wi-fi throughout the hotel, shuttle service to downtown, game room, heated saltwater pool, authentic cuisine with Italian ingredients and flavors and not to forget it being pet friendly.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort: This resort is one of the most luxurious all inclusive spa resorts set on Texas Hill County just an hour’s drive from Austin. Its features include events and programs, fitness activities and gourmet meals. Outdoor activities like yoga, hiking and boating keep the guests occupied. There are more than 100 spa treatments including tropical facials and exotic massages that can be very relaxing and rejuvenating. Rooms with private porches and gardens offer a peaceful and tranquil environment for the guests.
- The Mansion at Judge’s Hill: This breathtaking mansion is located to the south of the Texas University campus with easy access to the art district and nightlife of Austin. This hotel has been hosting special occasions and weddings every year.
- Hotel San Jose: is located in the heart of South Congress’s busiest street but the guests can enjoy plenty of privacy. This hotel enjoys international acclaim for its extensive design and relaxed attitude.
- Four Seasons Austin: is located on the banks of Town Lake near the entertainment district and Convention Center. Four Seasons has 291 guest rooms including 28 suites offering a large number of amenities.