Austin is the capital of state Texas in U.S. and one of the fastest growing city in United States. The city is center of numerous appealing lakes, heals, waterfalls, river etc scattered at different regions. The official slogan of this city – “The Live Music Capital of the World” that refers to many musicians and live concert that held in the city. From time to time many unofficial slogans came into the picture. There are lots many eye soothing and must visit places are there. In this article we have compiled 10 best one where you must go if you are in visit to Austin.
- Bullock Texas Museum-The Bullock Texas Museum is located at 1800 Congress Avenue, Austin. The museum runs an onsite IMAX Theatre. If you have interest in knowing the history of the state then go to this museum to grab and boost up your knowledge about the same. Through attractive exhibits with audio presentation and film you may probably well aware about its glorious history. So don’t think twice just go once in this museum.
- The State Capitol-The state Capitol is located at 1100 Congress Avenue, Austin. It was established in 1888. It is the home place for the State Governor and the Chambers of the Texas Legislature. The special attraction of this capitol is its charming and well architecture monuments which are spread along the 22 acres of grounds. It is famous as a National Historic Landmark and one of the Austin’s must visiting site.
- Lyndon Baines Johnson- The Lyndon Baines Johnson is a Library as well as a Museum which is located at 2313 Red River Street, Austin. This museum and library tells you the glorious achievement and possession of the state from President LBJ’s long period of career. It carries exhibits that are related to the President and also important issues that rose at that time.
- Zilker Metropolitan Park and Botanical Garden-The Zilker Metropolitan Park and Botanical Garden is located at 2100 Barton Springs Road, Austin. If you are a lover of nature and natural sceneries then must visit to this park. This is an important recreation center of Austin. Inside the park you will see beautiful lakes, surrounded by flowers, 30 acres of plats which include themed gardens, Japanese gardens, streams, pools, waterfall and lots more. You can spend one whole day here without getting tired.
- Texas Memorial Museum-The Texas Memorial Museum is located at 2400 Trinity Street, Austin. This museum is a hub of science and history related antique things. So if you have interest in these then this museum is must visiting place for you. There is huge collection of items which well describes the Lone Star State history. The whole museum is divided into sections – Biology, Geology, Paleontology, Ichthyology, Herpetology, Entomology along with millions of specimens collection.
- Lake named Lady Bird-TheLake named as Lady Bird is located at 4801 La Crosse Avenue, Austin. It was established in 1960 for the purpose of providing a fixed water source to Austin. It is scattered around 416 acre areas. It is among the important recreation centers of Austin. Many of its visitors do boating in the lake and its huge area is used for some music festivals, concerts etc. The specialty about this lake is that the thousands of migratory Mexican bats make their living place under the pool during summer time.
- The French Legation- The French Legation is located at 802 San Marcos Street, Austin. It is among the oldest buildings of the state which was established in 1841. The building contains age old antique furniture and decoration. Many times this building is used for many live activities like- concerts, lectures, tours, themed events etc.
- Umlauf Sculpture – Umlauf Sculpture is a garden and museum which is located at 605 Robert E Lee Road, Austin. This garden cum museum presents numerous works done by the renowned sculptor of 20th century named Charles Umlauf. Here you will get many artifacts, mementoes and artist’s work.
- Elisabet Ney Museum- TheElisabet Ney Museum is located at 304 E 44th Street, Austin. If you want to check out the 19th century portrait sculptor Elizabeth Ney then this is the center of your desire. Her studio naming- Formosa was the first studio of its variety. It is now one of the registered national historic places.
- Mexic-Arte- TheMexic-Arte is a Museum which is located at 419 Congress Avenue, Austin. It represents the art and culture of Latino, Latin American and Mexican. The special highlights of this museum are painting, photography and sculptures.
If you are visiting to the Austin then you must watch the above mentioned center of attractions inthe city. Each of them isunique and special along with their unique reason and view.
Austin with its steep terrain, Colorado River, creeks and parks is one of the most exciting places to settle in America and there are a good many reasons for this. Amazing landscapes, world-renowned scene for live music, esteemed restaurant culture, well kept green lawns, strong economy, pleasant climatea good education system and a funky environment in the city all draw many new residents to Austin. If you are planning to relocate to this beautiful city Austin has some great neighborhoods to offer where you can settle and make your home in peace.
- Bastrop: Those interested in country living with the benefits of a city life can make Bastrop their home. Living in Bastrop is perfect for those who enjoy outdoors activities like fishing, kayaking and other water sports. The natural beauty of pine trees, four golf courses, Bastrop State Park and the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa all make Bastrop a very attractive proposition.
- Bee Cave: Bee Cave situated around 12 miles to the west of Austin is popular due to its scenic beauty and easy access to Austin. There is an intriguing mix of old and new homes with two school districts that have an excellent reputation as far as academics and sports are concerned. The Hill County Galleria in the area adds to the appeal of Bee Cave.
- Driftwood: is located between rolling hills and fantastic views in one of the most beautiful part of Texas, where peace and greenery abide yet be close to what Austin has to offer. The famous restaurant ‘The Salt Lick’ and Driftwood Estate Winery is found here. Other attractions are a club house with sauna, tennis courts and swimming pools.
- Buda:Enjoy a small town environment in Buda which is quite appealing. The County Fair, Buda Fine Arts Festival and Wiener Dog Races are annual events held in Buda that give a traditional sense of community in the area.
- Cedar Park: has in recent times become a much sought after place to live. Though once a sleepy town it has all the merits of being located near city living while enjoying a small town living. With two independent school districts and a satellite campus of Texas State University, Twin Creeks, country club and golf course Cedar Park is quite popular with prospective residents who are looking for the right place.
- Dripping Springs: is just 25 minutes from downtown Austin and is popularly known as “The Gateway to Hill County”. Dripping Springs is a close knit community that has preserved the country values and lifestyle. This area appeals to families due to the best rated school district found here with elementary schools growing at a fast rate.
- Lakeway: is about 30 minutes from downtown Austin. This place is a golfer’s paradise as it is home to four gorgeous golf courses. Some homes in Lakeway offer spectacular views of Lake Travis where boating and sailing are in abundance
Besides these there are other good places to live in Austin like Liberty Hill, Lago Vista, Marble Falls, Manor, San Marcos, Taylor and many others.
Austin located in the heart of Texas is a perfect holiday destination for people who love the outdoors and for music lovers. Austin has over the years undergone a cultural awakening to become one of the perfect hubs for music, food, film and festivals. Austin is renowned for some of the best hotels in Texas.
- JW Marrlott Austin: is located in downtown Austin in 120,000 sq feet of space bringing countless amenities and luxury for its guests. Apart from a 24 hour service, LED and smart TVs and high speed internet it has three dining options, an Italian style restaurant ‘Osterla Pronto’, a Burger Bar and ‘Corner’ an authentic Austin eatery. The best attraction of JW Marrott is its location and easy access to the Capitol and the famous 6th
- Westin Austin Downtown: This plush downtown hotel provides an unparalleled luxury in Austin being very close to live music venues, historic sites and popular food joints. The guests can enjoy flat screen TVs, wi-fi, floor-to-ceiling windows giving great city views. The hotel can boast of having the highest rooftop bar and a heated rooftop pool along with a fitness center and business center.
- Hotel Van Zandt:Located in Rainey Street Historical District, Hotel Van Zandt is in reality a true charmer with rich elegance infused with Texas culture, having 319 rooms and 41 suites in 12,000 sq feet of space. One can enjoy Texas hospitality at its best with a blend of Klmpton in Hotel Van Zandt.
- Hotel Granduca Austin: Hotel Granduca located on a hill overlooking the Wild Basin Nature Preserve is based on the vision of Italian sophistication with a strong emphasis on Italian flavors as far as its design and food are concerned. Amenities in the hotel include wi-fi throughout the hotel, shuttle service to downtown, game room, heated saltwater pool, authentic cuisine with Italian ingredients and flavors and not to forget it being pet friendly.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort: This resort is one of the most luxurious all inclusive spa resorts set on Texas Hill County just an hour’s drive from Austin. Its features include events and programs, fitness activities and gourmet meals. Outdoor activities like yoga, hiking and boating keep the guests occupied. There are more than 100 spa treatments including tropical facials and exotic massages that can be very relaxing and rejuvenating. Rooms with private porches and gardens offer a peaceful and tranquil environment for the guests.
- The Mansion at Judge’s Hill: This breathtaking mansion is located to the south of the Texas University campus with easy access to the art district and nightlife of Austin. This hotel has been hosting special occasions and weddings every year.
- Hotel San Jose: is located in the heart of South Congress’s busiest street but the guests can enjoy plenty of privacy. This hotel enjoys international acclaim for its extensive design and relaxed attitude.
- Four Seasons Austin: is located on the banks of Town Lake near the entertainment district and Convention Center. Four Seasons has 291 guest rooms including 28 suites offering a large number of amenities.